Monday 11 April 2011

Anniversary roses for a wonderful couple


I couldn't believe the mistake I made last week. It was Jan's wedding anniversary. A biggie - she and Ian have been married for 25 years! And they're such a lovely couple - so good together and so supportive of one another. I hadn't forgotten their anniversary, in fact I especially made a card for them when I was creating samples using the new goodies ...

... and then I forgot to post it! Doh!

But she should finally have got it by now and so I'll share it with you.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Tiny Tags, Baby Blossoms
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry, Shimmery White
Ink: Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry
Punches: 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval, 1-3/8" x 5/8" Oval
Embossing Folder: Manhattan Flower
Other: Basic Pearls

Blushing Bride card was run through the Manhattan Flower embossing folder and then the roses cut out close (about 1mm margin) to the outside embossed line and cut square. These were matted onto Shimmery White card (bought while on offer last month - snap up those bargains when you can), then Rich Razzleberry card and finally the card blank of Blushing Bride. The Mr & Mrs sentiment from the Tiny Tags set was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink onto a scrap of Shimmery White card. Using Blushing Bride ink the largest rose (still very dinky) from the Baby Blossoms set was stamped alongside the sentiment before punching with the 1-3/8" x 5/8" Oval. This was matted onto a 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval of Blushing Bride card and adhered to the top right of the card front. Finally two teeny Basic Pearls were used to finish the sentiment.

I'm so sorry I was late with your card Jan. I know that you and Ian had a very moving renewal of vows as part of a very special and wonderful anniversary and I wish you continued happiness together.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Jan Jones said...

Hi Sara. Yes I have the card but it's so much nicer URL! We had a beautiful anniversary, thank you!!! Jan x