Friday 5 November 2010

A dinky christmas cracker for the tree or place setting


For my second take on the ILWS challenge of gift packaging, I've made a little christmas cracker that uses the tutorial that I published last year here. These are great filling with small treats for hanging on the tree or for table gifts, you could even decorate them with an image on one side and the person's name on the other to turn it into a place setting and gift in one.


Recipe
Stamp set: Sparkly and Bright
Cardstock: Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
DSP: Jolly Holiday
Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Oval, 1/2" Circle
Other: Dazzling Diamonds

Following the tutorial I cut, scored and punched in Real Red cardstock. (I actually should have used Cherry Cobbler - I forgot that the Jolly Holiday includes Cherry Cobbler rather than Real Red but with small strips of DSP it's not too noticeable). Before assembling I added the DSP strips, adhering around each fold line to ensure there was enough extra give in the DSP. Santa was stamped in Real Red ink onto Whisper White card and punched with the Large Oval. He was adhered direct to an Old Olive Scallop Oval and popped up on dimensionals on one long edge of the twist box. With the decorations added I used sticky strip to stick the box together along the long edge and after filling, twisted open the ends of the box. Finally I added a little Dazzling Diamonds to the bobble of Santa's hat.


Have a great bonfire night and keep safe.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I love this - it's so cute - Jacqueline xx.