Thursday 4 November 2010

Faux tearing technique for a simple thank you


This is my second take on the faux tearing technique for the ILWS challenge.


Recipe
Stamp set: Fresh Cuts
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede
Ink: Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand


The card blank is a 4" square of Pink Pirouette, this was matted direct with a layer of Soft Suede. I next tore a piece out of a sticky note large enough to accommodate the sentiment, keeping both pieces of the torn sticky. Using the small sentiment piece of torn sticky as my mask I stamped the main Fresh Cuts image in Melon Mambo on a square of Pink Pirouette (using the stamp-a-ma-jig for placement). I removed the small mask and put the large mask in place over the just stamped image. Using my colour spritzer I spritzed with some Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Sahara Sand and then added the sentiment over the top in Early Espresso. After removing the large mask, Early Espresso was sponged very lightly around all edges and the layer adhered direct to the card front.

Sara xx

No comments: