Monday 8 November 2010

Convention make and takes


Well I'd love to say that I'm home now doing lots of crafting but after working away at the beginning of last week, then heading straight out to Convention, I jumped on another train yesterday and I'm working away all this week. I only got to see DH and Bess for a few hours before leaving them again. Almost as bad - I had an order delivered at the beginning of last week and now I've got my new Convention sets too and I can't play with them until I get home on Friday! So not fair.

But I've still got lots to share with you from Convention so at least that will keep us going hopefully. It was a complete blast from start to finish. From the unofficial party we had at the hotel on the Thursday night ...
... through to getting to the venue and being greeted by Shelli, one of the co-founders of Stampin' Up! and a really elegant and smiley lady ...
... to getting our convention bag and pins and our free stamp sets! ...
... right through to the final session when we got another free stamp set that we weren't expecting!

Of course, along the way, we couldn't have a gathering without make and takes and we'd already been given our free sets, Just Believe and Party This Way so we had our own stamps for making these:


This little party invitation/birthday card uses the Party This Way set and I've a little confession to make. The sentiment in the centre is supposed to be on a brad and spin, but I had a DH moment and didn't read the instruction sheet, I just followed the picture. Whoops! Good job there are no mistakes in crafting. Could have been worse, it could have been a flat pack bookcase that I ignored the instructions for, lol.


This time I used the same set and colour combo to create a scrapbook page all ready to just add a standard photo.


This little set is made with Just Believe and opens up:


And holds two each of these dinky notelets/tags.


Then finally it was the Just Believe stamp set again to make this sweet watercolour card and matching envelope.


If any of these projects take your fancy then please get in touch with me. We'll organise a date and time for me to come over for a fun workshop with you and your friends.

Please stop by again soon and I'll share with you the card candy swap that I took part in. I've got some truly luscious card candy and I'm not going to be able to bring myself to open any of it, heehee, it's just for stroking.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Laetitia said...

So many lovely projects Sara, but my favourite one is the last card using Just Believe. I love the watercolour effect and the colours are just gorgeous together. I may add this stamp set to my wish list, but it will probably be for my birthday in March as I am already getting the Big shot for Christmas.
Laetitia xx