Sunday 1 August 2010

Helping Hudson -A Wheely Great Cause!

A short time ago I was contacted and asked if I would help with a fundraiser for a little boy in Australia. Due to the timescales involved I couldn't help out with designing any tutorials for them but I did agree to publicise the event. Why? Well for one: Hudson's story tugged at my heartstrings (you can read a little about him below) and two: as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I'm part of a community that shares ideas and support for one another, freely and generously. I've had help from other demos in the UK, Europe and worldwide and this was an opportunity to give something back.

Today is the launch day of the event and it runs right through to 22 August. So what's it all about? Well, through the simple purchase of some fun -filled paper craft tutorials you can help give freedom to a little boy! Each bundle on sale has 10 fun-filled tutorials for just AU$10! And there are six themes to choose from: Bags & Boxes, Christmas, Kids’ Birthdays, Projects for Men & Boys, Punch Art & Scrapbooking. There’s even a FREE bonus bundle if you buy four or more! All proceeds go directly to help Hudson.

I bought mine through Paypal which makes exchange rate conversion and payment extremely easy. Paypal charged me £35.50 for all 6 bundles (that's 60 tutorials in total!), so that's less than £6 per bundle.

Now the Australian catalogue is a little different from ours and the tutorials won't be available for download until the middle of the week. Once I receive my tutorials I'll post an update on my blog to let you know how many of the tutorials per bundle use UK available products. I'm quite sure that you'll be able to substitute those that we do have but it may help you to choose between bundles.

You can buy the tutorials here.

The team are also running daily challenges and giveaways but please note that only Australian residents are eligible for prizes.

Hudson's Story

Hudson is 2 ½ but unlike most children his age, he has had a tough little life! Doctors realised he had an incomplete brain before he was born and as a newborn he was discovered to be legally blind.

Hudson has recently been diagnosed with both Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy! His mobility has been hindered severely by his disabilities, however his family and friends wish nothing more than to give him the chance to get moving on his own. Hudson needs a special Wheelchair/Walker, called a Kid Walker. This device will help get him mobile, allow him to play with his brother and sister, interact with other children his own age and give him independence in his day today life!

If you'd like to know read more about the fundraiser or help spread the word, then please pop over to http://helpinghudson.blogspot.com

Sara xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sara if you don't mind I would like post this on my blog, to raise awareness during the week.
My little boy has just been assesed for the very same walker - he should get it any time - they are amazing, seeing your child move in a "normal" way for the first time is so amazing!!!
I will check out the tutorials during the week too!!!
Angela x

Sara said...

Angela

That would be great. I've left a note on your blog with a bit more info.

That's fantastic news that your son's getting one of these. It sounds as though it will make a huge difference in his life.

Thanks for your support.

Sara xx