Wednesday 4 August 2010

August colour challenge at ILWS - take 2


Yesterday I shared my first sample for the colour challenge this month over at ILWS which uses:
  • Basic Gray
  • So Saffron
  • Certainly Celery
  • Whisper White
Today I have a different card using the same colour combo ... and I just couldn't resist using my Vintage Vogue set, I knew it would look great in these colours:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage, Tiny Tags
Textured Cardstock: Basic Gray
Plain Cardstock: So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: So Saffron, Basic Gray, Certainly Celery
Punches: Eyelet Border, Medium Jewelry Tag, 1/4" Circle
Brads: Certainly Celery (Soft Subtles), So Saffron (Rich Regals)

Throughout, I stamped the Basic Gray ink off once each time to get a softer shade of grey. First I used the Very Vintage wheel to stamp the background in Basic Gray onto So Saffron card. I stamped the butterfly area of the image again onto a scrap of So Saffron and cut it out to use later. The edges of the background were punched with the Eyelet Border and then this layer was adhered direct to a layer of Textured Basic Gray card. The Tiny Tags were stamped, punched and added to the corners with Certainly Celery Brads. For the flowers I used the rock and roll technique. I inked the stamp up first with So Saffron and the rolled the edges of the stamp in Basic Gray and stamped onto Whisper White card. The leaves were simply stamped with Certainly Celery ink. Each flower was cut out with a narrow margin, shaped and in the centre a 1/4" Circle of punched Textured Basic Gray card added with a So Saffron brad. These were popped up on dimensionals. The leaves were also cut out with a narrow margin, shaped a little at the end and added on glue dots. Finally a rolled up glue dot was added to the spine of the butterfly and lined up over the one on the background.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Both challenges very pretty - I would NEVER have put those colours togther - but you have really made them look lovely. X