Wednesday 25 August 2010

Autumnal trendy trees using the baby wipe technique for the MojoMonday challenge


Even though I'm back studying again this week, I've managed to squeeze in some time for the MojoMonday challenge. Here's this week's sketch:


For this one, I decided to get my reinkers out for a play and combined them with the Trendy Trees (check out the discount offer here).


Recipe
Stamp set: Trendy Trees
Cardstock: So Saffron, Soft Suede, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede
Reinkers: Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron
Punch: Word Window
Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon: Soft Suede
Other: Brads (Earth Elements), Designer Button (Playground), Linen Thread

The tree trunks were stamped onto Whisper White card with Soft Suede. I dripped 2-3 drops of each reinker onto a couple of folded baby wipes to create my own mini ink pad and stamped the tree tops using my stamp-a-ma-jig to get the alignment right. The same mini ink pad was used to stamp the sentiment which was then punched out with the Word Window. I used the button and linen thread tied around folded ribbon to create a "bow". The brads were added using the mat pack to get even spacing. All the rest is matting and layering.

I made good use of the multi-coloured "ink pad", so you might see a few more variations on this card over the next few days. Right now though, I'm planning a Christmas card for the next post.

Please stop by again soon.

Sara xx

6 comments:

Sew This N That said...

wow what a great technique!
Beautiful card babe :)
*hugs* Heather x

Shelly Koskinen said...

Great card!!!

Jo said...

Wow I love how you have inked up the stamps, your card looks wonderful!

Jan Jones said...

This is clever - may have to have a go at this soon. Still havent inked up this set yet!
Jan

Anonymous said...

Brilliant web site, I had not noticed sarastamper.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
Carry on the excellent work!

Genevieve said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the clean lines! And I'm definitely going to try the baby wipe stamp pad idea! Ingenious!