Saturday 10 April 2010

Coming this Autumn - an updated wardrobe of colours

We've had some very exciting news this week from our Head Office. Fashions change, just as much in cardmaking as clothes and we're updating our wardrobe!

When the new catalogue launches in October we're going to have a change to some of our core colours - what are currently called the colour families. We'll be changing from the 4 groups of 12 that we have now to 4 colour collections of 10; Subtles, Brights, Regals and Neutrals. Don't worry, we're not losing all the Earth Elements (though we will lose some) they just move from one family to a different collection eg. Old Olive moves from Earth Elements to Brights. This goes for some of the other families too. In total we'll be getting 15 new colours:

Daffodil Delight, Eraly Espresso, Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, River Rock, Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeeze (and Kraft gets a name change to Crumb Cake - go figure, lol).

This colour chart shows the full range of the colour collections (old and new) that we'll be getting:


Now some of us have complained in the past (me included) about not getting the In Colours that the US get (that's an extra, small set of colours that just last for around six months). Well the eagle eyed among you will have noticed that some of the recent, popular In Colours have made it into the new core collections eg. Rich Razzleberry and Baja Breeze. And I keep talking about "core" colours, why is that? Because we'll also be getting In Colours too! Yay! Each year we will get 5 new In Colours and they will stay for two years so the new In Colours we get in October won't retire until the new set in 2012-2013 come in. This year we'll have 5 In Colours (I don't know what they'll be yet but I'll share as soon as I do know) but then next year another 5 will come in so that we always have 10 In Colours from then on.

So if this isn't happening until October then why am I telling you about it now? Well two reasons really. I want you to know what I know, I don't want you to invest in colours that you're not so keen on just to complete your colour families and then find out at the last minute that they're all changing. That just wouldn't be fair. The other reason is so that you have plenty of time to stock up on those retiring colours that you do love.

I know that I'm going to stock up over the next few months on Taken with Teal and Almost Amethyst (some of my all time favourites). Then when October rolls around I can't wait to get my hands on the luscious Marina Mist and Baja Breeze (love those already).

To help you plan, here are the colours that we'll be saying a fond farewell to when the new catalogue comes out in October:


Well I hope that you're as excited as I am and looking forward to the new colours. If you have any questions then leave me a comment and I'll try to answer them or let you know what we still don't know either.

Have a great weekend.

Sara xx

No comments: