Thursday 1 April 2010

April sketch challenge at In Love With Stamping


How many days without blogging? I know, I know, 'my bad? In my defence I've been sooo busy.

On Monday night I delivered downline training and we covered brayering techniques (I'll show more of that soon). Then I've been making my DT samples for In Love With Stamping and uploading those. And last night I'd promised I'd go to the pictures with DH before our cinema vouchers ran out (then we got there and realised they'd expired on Tuesday) - we saw Alice 3D. Vintage Tim Burton; rich visual images but slightly disturbing (Matt Lucas as the twins and Helena Bonham Carter as the bobble headed Red Queen).

I will make it up to you over the next few days though I promise, as I share my challenge samples using more new products from the new Mini Catalogue which goes live today!

One of our April challenges over at In Love With Stamping is a sketch challenge using this layout:


I used the a little of the new Night & Day DSP which is all black and white double sided papers and two sheets of patterned acetate - lush. I also used the lovely new Vintage Vogue stamp set which has already become a favourite of mine. The set of 8 stamps includes a border, sentiments and motifs - just gorgeous.


And here's the card I made:


Recipe
Stamp set: Vintage Vogue
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark
DSP: Bride, Groom, Night & Day Specialty
Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: Whisper White
Other: White EP, Black EP
Non-SU: Die-cut circles

I stamped the Friends in Versamark on Whisper White card and heat embossed with Black EP. Using my stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the sentiment in Versamark direct onto the DSP and heat embossed with White EP. The bow was made by adding a flat loop onto a strip of ribbon and then wrapping the layers with a teeny tiny piece of ribbon, all secured with glue dots and then wrapped around the Groom DSP.

Don't forget that you can come along and see the new products up close at my Open Day on Saturday afternoon 1pm-4pm, just email me for directions.

And on Saturday evening we're having our quarterly Cup Challenge at In Love With Stamping. Full details are here but basically you register online 5pm-7pm and you're automatically assigned to a team. Team mates can then chat within the forum and get to know one another. The first challenge is posted at 7pm with another each hour until 10pm and from 7pm until midnight you get to make your item(s), photograph them and upload them to the challenge gallery. Hope you get to play along.

Am I forgiven yet?

Sara xx

1 comment:

Jan Jones said...

This card is absolutely stunning!
Jan