Thursday 15 April 2010

A bright card just to say Hi


Phew! Just one more day then I'm heading home. Looking forward to getting back to DH and Bess ... and sleep! I never sleep too well when I'm working away and all the studying means that my brain's still buzzing when my head hits the pillow. Let's just hope that it's still buzzing when the exam paper is put in front of me in June :-)

The card I have for you today is a quick one and an excellent way to use the Yoyo Yellow that many of us have difficulty with (probably why it's going in the Autumn).


Recipe
Stamps: Say it with Scallops, Tiny Tags
Cardstock: Yoyo Yellow
DSP: Night & Day Specialty
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Punches: Scallop Square, Medium Jewelry Tag
Gingham Ribbon: Black
Other: Black EP, Linen Thread

A standard A6 card blank in Yoyo Yellow was wrapped with the printed Window Sheet from the Night & Day Specialty paper. I'm canny with the good stuff so my wrap doesn't go all the way around, just about 1cm or so around the back, secured with Sticky Strip. Black gingham ribbon was tied around the card front and wrap and stamped sentiments (Hello and Hand crafted) from the Tiny Tags set attached with twine. I stamped the Hi scallop square with Versamark on Yoyo Yellow card, heat embossed with Black EP and punched it with the square scallop before sticking to the front of the Window Sheet.

Hmm - starting to think I may miss this colour now ...

Sara xx

3 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hi sara,
oh i like this the yellow and black is fab very stylish!

Suzie Qx

Poppit said...

This is seriously cute! Great card

Helen said...

That's fab! And not a million miles from the card that's brewing in my head, LOL!