Wednesday 7 April 2010

April colour challenge at ILWS - take 2 plus a couple of dinky baskets


Another card for the colour challenge at In Love With Stamping today and I also realised that I didn't show you the Easter baskets that my MIL and I made on Good Friday when MIL and FIL came to visit. The baskets first:

This one's my MIL's.


I've demonstrated and taught this little basket to so many people in the last month or so that I didn't realise I hadn't shown my MIL, lol and she loves to make bags and boxes, much more so than cards. She loved how easy this design is - more time for creating the flowers.

And here's my version with a little sponging around the edges of the flowers and leaves.


And next on to the colour challenge card. The colour challenge is to use Pixie Pink, Pink Passion and Pretty in Pink (with Whisper White or Very Vanilla if you like). I used one of the new sets out of the Mini:

Not just for Valentines, this set is great for punching out. The Full Heart, Small Heart and Heart to Heart punches all work with this set. Or you can just cut them out if you prefer. Here I did a bit of both.


Recipe
Stamp set: I {Heart} Hearts
Cardstock: Pink Passion (textured), Pixie Pink (textured), Whisper White
Ink: Pixie Pink, Pink Passion
Punches: Full Heart, Corner Rounder
Other: Rhinestone Brad

A Pink Passion (textured) 4" x 4" square card was used as the base and all corners rounded with the punch. The Friend heart was inked with Pixie Pink and then the edges with Pink Passion before stamping onto Whisper White card. This was then punched out with the Full Heart punch. The lacy heart was stamped three times with Pixie Pink ink on Whisper White card. These hearts were then cut by hand as they don't quite fit the Full Heart punch (I still used it though to make the cutting out easier. A medium clear Rhinestone Brad was pushed through the centre of a 3-3/4" square Pixie Pink (textured) corner rounded layer before adhering it to the Pink Passion blank (so that the split pins don't show through. The hearts were then popped up on dimensionals around the brad.

Please just drop me a line if you need the recipes for the baskets.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Ash said...

It is a lovely card.... vibrant colors, but shades of pink.... It is totally awesome..... I saved it for an idea to make something similar sometime, when I have the required paraphernalia..... Very elegant & pleasing..... Nothing more in it, but still comprises all the required elements to make it a WOW! card.....

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)