Tuesday 16 March 2010

A whimsical Mothers Day card and filigree gift


OK, now I'm really peeved (and that's not quite the word I used I'll admit). My head's reeling with credits and debits and balance sheets so I took a quick break from the homework to add this post. I spent about half an hour typing it all up and then my mobile internet connection broke off and nothing's been saved. I've had to come out of the hotel to get a reliable signal and start all over again. Is it just me or does anyone else think it's a bit off when hotels block
the mobile internet signals that you've already paid for, just so they can sell you their own price inflated service? And to add insult to injury I've still got homework to finish when I go back. Happy, I'm not.

Anyway, enough of my complaining. As promised yesterday, here's the card that I made for my Mum for Mother's Day, though of course it could be used for any other occasion simply by changing the sentiment. It's a little larger than my standard ones as I used an A4 sheet folded as a gatefold.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Whimsical Wings (hostess level 2), Occasional Greetings
Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White
Ink: Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Other: Clear Rhinestone Brads


I used markers direct to the stamp for the main image and stamped more of the flowers and cut them out individually. To get the shading on the flowers I used a Blush Blossom marker across the solid flower and then dabbed Cameo Coral ink around the outside using a sponge dauber. The watermark background was created using the outline flower stamp and the larger flourish with Versamark ink. Clear rhinestone brads add a bit of bling.

And here's another bit of bling. This handcrafted brooch is silver filigree set with a semi-precious stone and was our present to my Mum on Mother's Day. You can watch artisans making these beautiful pieces of jewellery at the craft village on Malta.


Now - nose back to the grindstone.

Bye for now.

Sara xx

1 comment:

Ash said...

Lovely gifts to mom..... I loved the card & the very detailed brooch....too, & so must have your mom..... They compliment each other..so well... Your mom must be proud of you.... so talented, who has a keen eye towards BEAUTY!!!!!!
CHEERS!!!!!

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)