Thursday 18 March 2010

A rose is a rose birthday card


Another training day done! My brain is still pretty fried with accounting ratios but I head back home tomorrow evening and I'm looking forward to a weekend with DH and Bess and lots of time for crafting to chill out after all the studying ;-)

For now here's a quick card that only needs limited supplies (I stamped it at the weekend and then brought it with me to finish and assemble).


Recipe
Stamp sets: A Rose is a Rose, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Double Stitched Ribbon: Regal Rose
Other: Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool

Using my stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the rose using the 2-step stamping method to get the variation in shading and then cut it out. The small flower in the corner was then stamped in the same way and then balanced with the sentiment in the opposite corner. I used my paper piercing tool and mat pack to add the decoration and then assembled all the layers. The ribbon is tucked behind the Regal Rose layer so that the ends are secured out of sight rather than ending on the inside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty Sara - love the paper pricking!

Linby said...

aaaggh - ratios! that brought back all my finance stuff from the MBA.
Lovely card like the balance to it.
Linbyx

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning Sara,love this combo. Hugs Ali x

lindyloo said...

Hi Sara oh I hope you do get time at the weekend to craft and relax after your busy week I just love your card and the colour combo
huggies lindyloo x

Laetitia said...

I love the colours you used, they are very nice, and the rose is just gorgeous. I wish I had that stamp set.
Laetitia xx