Sunday 22 November 2009

Stamp with us DT call and news of other changes


First, today's Stamp With Us challenge. This week it's a recipe:
  • 3 brads
  • 2 patterned papers
  • 1 stamp
What - only 1 stamp! I figured I'd better make it count so I went for the Deck the Halls one from Season of Joy.


Recipe
Stamp set: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White
DSP: Old Olive Patterns
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Craft White
Brads: Rich Regals
Punches: Scallop Edge, 1/2" Circle
Other: Mat pack, Piercing tool, Crop-a-dile

The 2 patterned papers were used to create the background panels. After stamping the full stamp in Old Olive, I stamped the little flowers again in Real Red and used my 3 brads to attach them to the main panel. I stamped the central portion of the stamp onto Old Olive card using Craft White and then cut out the accents and popped them up on dimensionals. The red mat was punched, pierced and finally embossed using my Crop-a-dile to create the spots in each scallop.

And now for some news ...

As you may have already spotted, the lovely Steph has unfortunately had to drop out of the DT and this means we have a spot open. If you'd like to join me and the others on the Stamp With Us Design Team then you need to enter this challenge and put DT after your name when you upload your entry via Mr Linky. The winner will be announced on Sunday 6 December so you have extended time for this.

Which brings me to the next change over at Stamp With Us. The challenges are going fortnightly. This gives the DT and you, more time to join in. Of course, if you have enough time, you could always enter twice!

And finally, on changes, we will be dropping the Recipe challenge after the DT call. Instead we will rotate the Sketch, Theme and Colour challenges every 6 weeks. The recipe challenge seems to have been the hardest for everyone and so following the vote with your feet, we're getting rid.

Please go check out the designs by the rest of the Design Team and I look forward to seeing all your entries, whether for the DT call or not.

A quick update now on classes. Yesterday's Creative Christmas class was a real giggle. Thanks ladies - I had a blast. Unfortunately we got so engrossed that I forgot to take pix to show here. It's funny though how no-one reminded me after I had mentioned it ... lol (I think they may be a bit camera shy).

We made four different colour versions of the Silent Night card here and we also made an easel card, a triangle box and a tri-shutter card. One of the ladies hadn't crafted before but she completed the whole lot with totally professional results. I think I've got another crafting convert!

Next classes will be in the new year. I'll post dates soon but email me if you have a preference over dates or what you'd like to try and I'll see if I can work it into the schedule.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sara xx

5 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

Just beautiful Sara! K xx

debbi taylor said...

lovely card - I love all the christmas sets would be hard to pick my favourite!

Unknown said...

Lovely card Sara - a great take on the challenge

Bx

Emma said...

Hi Sara,

This is such a clever card. I love how you have decoupaged some of it, stamped in craft ink and the brads on the flowers look brill.

Have a great week :D

Emma x

Ali Watson said...

Love everything about this card Sara, your layout is perfect.