Friday 13 November 2009

A red easel card and matching gift bag and Bess in her high vis coat


I've been meaning to make one of these easel cards for ages and now that I've got around to it I'm loving them. They're so easy to do but they have that bit of a wow factor. I'm still stockpiling for the craft fair tomorrow and so I made a matching gift bag to go with the card again.


Can you see the little tag on the bag? Guess what I got free with my last order? I spent two lots of £45 from the gift giving guide and so I got both of the Tag punches free. Details are here or at the top of the right hand menu just under the blinkie and the offer is on right through to 29 December 2009. It certainly makes short work of little gift tags.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Season of Joy, Spotlight on Christmas, A Tree for all Seasons
Cardstock: Real Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: Real Red
DSP: I Wish Scrappin' Kit (retired)
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1-3/8" Circle, 1-1/4" Circle, 1/2" Circle, Scallop Oval, Large Oval, Eyelet Border

I cut an A4 sheet of card in half lengthways to get a piece that measured 29.7cm x 10.5cm. I then scored the card at 14.9cm and 22.3cm. The card front is only stuck down to the bottom quarter panel and a raised sentiment has been placed approximately halfway down the inside of the card to act as a stopper to stand the front against.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Spotlight on Christmas
Cardstock: Real Red, Very Vanilla (plain), Very Vanilla (textured)
Ink: Real Red
DSP: I Wish Scrappin' Kit (retired)
Punches: Eyelet Border, 5-petal flower, Tag, Small Tag, Round Tab
Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: Real Red
Other: Gold Brads, Pewter Eyelets, Gold Elastic Cord

The instructions for the bag are from Splitcoaststampers here. I used textured Vanilla card for the trim around the base, the flowers and the Tab fastening, for the luxury feel it adds. I used plain Vanilla card for the front and back of the tag, so that the stamped image would show clearly and to make it easier to write on.

We're just about to go and pick up Bess from the vets so I just thought I'd leave you with a pic of her in her high visibility coat that I make her wear when we go for a walk on these dark mornings. Isn't she cute?


Have a great weekend.

Sara xx

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely, lovely project Sara. I've been making and blogging about Craft Fair stuff too! Love your use of the winter tree stamp.

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful gifts Sara, I bet these will be snapped up at the craft fair :0)
*hugs* Heather x

simplyfairies said...

more fabulousness and OMG just look at the gorgeous Bess, My Stan is inlove!! I must get one of those for him....

margaret said...

Great project Sara.Love the easel card and the colour scheme. Bess is cute.xx