Thursday 19 November 2009

Gold and silver trees suitable for mens christmas cards


At the craft fair on Saturday I sold all but two of my christmas cards and now I've realised that I've got a whole bunch more that I need to make to give to friends and family next month, lol. For today's post I've made two similar christmas cards, one silver, one gold. I think that they'll make good men's cards. What do you think? Are they too blingy for men?

Recipe
Stamp set: Scandinavian Season
Cardstock: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Versamark
Other: Silver EP, Silver Brads, Silver Elastic Cord, Fine Cosmo Glitter, Circle Ice Rhinestone Brad

The tree is stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with silver powder. I used the 2-way glue pen to pick out part of the design and covered with the Turquoise glitter from the Fine Cosmo set. Silver elastic cord was wrapped around the lower portion of the mat for added interest and to balance the layout.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Scandinavian Wheel, Season of Joy
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy

To provide some white space to write the card, I added an insert to the back page.


Recipe
Stamp set: Scandinavian Season
Cardstock: Basic Black
Ink: Versamark
Other: Gold EP, Gold Brads, Gold Elastic Cord
Punch: Corner Rounder
Non-SU: Gold Mirri Card

The only variation here in addition to the colours is that I left off any glitter and rounded all the corners.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Scandinavian Wheel, Season of Joy
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Versamark
Other: Gold EP
Punch: Corner Rounder

Well, that's another two down but quite a ways to go yet. Are you bored with all the Christmas cards? Let me know if you'd like to see something different for a change.

Sara xx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow these are stunning!

Jan x

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. I love that you've decorated the insides so beautifully too.
Clare x

Teri said...

Ohhhhh these are fab Sara! Love how you've done the inside too!

Teri xx

Jan Jones said...

They are fab & look so classy!
! Wish I had bought this set :(
Jan

Leigh said...

Absolutely fantastic. Love them.

Ali Watson said...

Sara they are fabulous, very elegant. The insides are fab very creative. TFS.

Unknown said...

very nice cards Sara! and men do like bling too!!