Wednesday 26 January 2011

My clever DH made a card for his Mum


A change for you today - this card was made by my DH for his Mum. He designed it himself. I helped out just a little by demonstrating the heat embossing technique and how to use the stamp-a-ma-jig but the actual card was made by him. I'm so proud of him, I think he did a great job.

And his Mum was really impressed.


Recipe
Stamp sets: En Francais, Baroque Motifs, Perfect Punches
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Versamark, Early Espresso
Punches: Extra-large Oval, Large Oval
3mm Taffeta Ribbon: Early Espresso
Other: Clear EP, Brights Brads (Pumpkin Pie)

The card blank is an A6 portrait of Melon Mambo, matted with Early Espresso card. The En Francais background and the Baroque swirl were stamped in Versamark onto another layer of Melon Mambo card and then heat embossed with Clear EP. Early Espresso ribbon was wrapped around the top left corner and a bow secured to it with a brad. Using Early Espresso ink, the sentiment was stamped onto Pumpkin Pie card and punched out with the Large Oval. This was matted onto an Extra-Large Oval punched from Early Espresso card and decorative brads added before adhering the layer to the front of the card.

My MIL isn't so keen on flowery verses so DH stamped the insert with images instead:


Recipe (inside)
Stamp sets: Baroque Border, On a Pedestal
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo

He wheeled the Baroque Border with Early Espresso ink (he already knows how to stamp with a wheel) and then used the stamp-a-ma-jig to build the birthday cake.

I mentioned Easter last night and he asked in a shocked voice "you don't think she'll expect an Easter card as well as Mother's Day do you?"

I think he may be joining me at the crafting table more often than he thought, lol!

Tomorrow I'll show you the card that I made. Yes, my MIL still wanted a card from me too heehee, I'm not redundant yet.

Sara xx


No comments: