Saturday 29 January 2011

Batch and a simple thank you all using SAB sets


I hope you're all having a great weekend. I've had a lovely day today.

This morning Joanne (my upline) and Jan (my downline) popped around for an hour or so. Joanne and I were helping each other out swapping spare/duplicate stamp sets that we've got. Of course we also found time for a little crafting as well. Joanne showed us a great little minibook that I think will be part of our next Stamptacular lineup. I also finally gave them the card candy that I owed them from our swap before xmas *blushes*. We'll be having a mini bloghop to show those sometime soon, hopefully next Sunday.

Then this afternoon I went to the cinema then out for tapas with my DH. We watched Natalie Portman and Vincent Cassel in Black Swan. We'd read that it was a thriller. I wouldn't class it as a thriller myself but we enjoyed it even so - I've got a much better idea of what Swan Lake is about now, lol.

For now I've got a few thank you's to share with you. First up is my batch thank you's that I've sent/am sending to all my customers this month. As usual I'd already sent some of these out before I remembered to photograph them.


It uses one of the free Sale-a-bration sets; Sweet Summer:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Sweet Summer, Punch Bunch, Pocket Silhouettes (sentiment)
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Concord Crush, Whisper White
Ink: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight
Punches: Corner Rounder, Scallop Trim Corner

The card blank is a small square of Daffodil Delight. Mats of Concord Crush and Whisper White were punched with the Corner Rounder on two opposite corners and with the Scallop Trim Corner on the other two opposite corners. The frondy stem was stamped in Pear Pizzazz onto the Whisper White layer and coloured in. The sentiment was stamped in Concord Crush in the bottom right corner. The Whisper White layer was adhered direct to the Concord Crush layer and then popped up on dimensionals on the card front. The semi-circular flower head was stamped 3 times in Tangerine Tango, coloured in, cut out and popped up on dimensionals on the main image.

And a quick and simple thanks:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Punch Bunch, So Happy For You (sentiment)
Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red
DSP: Love Letter
Punch: 1-3/4" Circle
1.6cm Grosgrain Ribbon: Real Red
Other: Stampin' Pastels

This is a non-standard size card blank (3-1/4" x 6") of Basic Black. Strips of light and dark Love Letter DSP were adhered direct to a mat of Basic Black. Using the stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the sentiment in Real Red ink in the bottom right corner of the layer. A simple knot was tied in a length of Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon and was then wrapped around the join in the DSPs. This layer was popped up on dimensionals on the card front. The owl was stamped in Basic Black onto Very Vanilla card and punched with the 1-3/4" Circle. This was chalked with Crumb Cake Pastels to give it the same aged feel as the DSP and then popped up on dimensionals on the card front.

Thank you for looking.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sara xx

4 comments:

Linby said...

wow-those little cards are so eye catching, love the colour combo and that punching really sets it all off.
Linbyx

Jacqueline said...

Those cards are really lovely. Your customers are so lucky to receive such a personal 'thank you' like that - Jacqueline xx.

Elizabeth said...

Both sweet cards - love the 'slightly distressed owl' one LOL. I just got this DSP, so I may have to CASE! X

Loraine Arderne said...

Beautifull projects, the owl is just so cute on the second.