Tuesday 7 September 2010

No stamping required for this Christmas card


I really love to pair Taken with Teal with Basic Black as I think it's a really classy colour combo but I was looking for another retiring colour to put with it instead and decided on Close to Cocoa - only problem is that we've now run out of Close to Cocoa cardstock! Check out the sell-outs list above to make sure that what you want is still available.

So I apologise that you can't order all the supplies for this card but here it is anyway. And this is one of my rather rare "no stamping" cards. It's just cardstock, a border punch, rub-ons and a bit of ribbon. All products are retiring/have retired.


Recipe
Cardstock: Taken with Teal, Close to Cocoa
Punch: Eyelet Border
Satin Ribbon: Chocolate Chip
Other: Icicle Rub-ons (Silver)

The row of snowflakes were rubbed-on direct to the Taken with Teal card blank. The bird and a variety of other shaped snowflakes were also added to a mat of Taken with Teal. A slightly larger mat of Close to Cocoa was punched at one end with the Eyelet Border and the Taken with Teal mat adhered direct to it. A strip of Taken with Teal was adhered direct to the left side of the Close to Cocoa mat and Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon was wrapped around and secured behind the mat. A small piece of the same ribbon was knotted on and the mat was popped up on dimensionals on the card front.

Right sorry I can't stop and chat but I'm rushing off now because my preorder goodies arrived today (squeals of delight) and I just can't wait to have a play. Sorry though - I won't be able to show you what I've made until 1 October.

Getting your hands on the new products the month before launch is just one of the many benefits of becoming a demo and if you sign up in September then you'll be able to substitute new card stock, Stampin’ Pads and stamp sets from our Sneak Peak preorder list into your Starter Kit. Take a look here for more information.

Back soon.

Sara xx

1 comment:

margaret said...

Hi Sara. I am finally back crafting and blogging. what a year I have had.

This card is beautiful simple but elegant. Love it.

Margaret xx