Thursday 16 September 2010

An invitation to my Open House on 2nd and 3rd October


Today's card is the real life invite that I've sent to all my hostesses to invite them to a special hostess appreciation event.

But it's also an invite to all of you to come along to my Open House. You're very welcome to drop in and join me:

any time between 2pm and 5pm on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd October

I'll be demonstrating cards, boxes and tags made with the new stamp sets in the new colours. There'll be make and takes for you all to have a go yourself. I'll have a little treat for everyone who stops by and there'll be refreshments and a prize draw. There'll also be some retired goods available at a special price to those ordering from the new catalogue. And a chance to see all the lusciousness of the new catalogue of course!

Just drop me a quick email if you'd like to come along and I'll send you directions (I'm just outside Sheffield, to the north) and set aside a treat and make and take pack, just for you.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Vintage Vogue, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Mellow Moss
Punch: Eyelet Border
Taffeta Ribbon: Mellow Moss
Other: Rhinestone Brad, Stampin' Pastels

I started by chalking an oval with Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac Stampin' Pastels on Whisper White card and then punched the edge with the Eyelet Border. The leafy border and the leafy flourish from the Vintage Vogue set were both stamped in Mellow Moss. For the small flowers (direct to card) and the layered flower (stamped, cut out and shaped) I inked first with Almost Amethyst ink and then used the rock 'n' roll technique to roll the edges of the stamp on the Lovely Lilac ink pad before stamping out. The sentiment was stamped direct to the card front with Lovely Lilac ink. A strip of Lovely Lilac card was punched with the Eyelet Border and adhered behind the right edge of the card front. Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon was wrapped around the card front and a Mellow Moss bow added on a glue dot. The card front was adhered direct to a landscape A6 blank of Almost Amethyst. The layered flower was secured with a rhinestone brad and popped up on a dimensional.

The stamp sets, punch and rhinestone brads are all continuing through to the new catalogue.

The Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac inks and card are retiring and the Mellow Moss ink and ribbon is retiring as well, so you'll need to get 'em while we've got 'em.

Hope to see you at my Open House.

Sara xx

No comments: