Tuesday 6 October 2009

Recipe for sneak peek 2 Animal Stories


Hi folks. I'm back in Cardiff again and my brain is stuffed to bursting. I'm sure that other things are falling out of it now that I've got so many facts and acronyms crammed in there. I'll probably have forgotten at least half of them by the time the actual exam rolls around. Heyho, I can only do what I can do.

One of the brand new stamp sets in the lush new catty is the very cute Animal Stories, a set of four stamps.


These are great to use in full or you can think outside the box (or inside it in this case, lol) and zoom in on just a portion of the image.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Animal Stories, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip (textured)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink
Taffeta Ribbon: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Reinker: Apricot Appeal
Punches: Scallop Square, Scallop Oval, Large Oval

This card was actually harder than it looks because I had to measure and place the stamped images quite precisely to get the right bits to show through the windows, that's where my stamp-a-ma-jig helped. I knew I wanted to use Apricot for the giraffe but then I didn't have a matching ribbon so I used my matching reinker on some Whisper White - hey presto, matching ribbon! Gotta love those reinkers, so many uses in addition to the obvious.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

2 comments:

Shivvy x said...

Gorgeous card Sara, really unusual but it works so well!

xxx

margaret said...

Great card Sara love the stamps.xx