Wednesday 7 October 2009

More details for sneak peek 3 Autumn Days


I already covered most of the elements of this card here so I'm just going to explain the new stamp set elements that I added to the card.


I used just 2 of the 6 stamps from the Autumn Days set. The 5 foliage elements are very versatile and although the set is called Autumn Days it can be used effectively all year round.


Here I'd stamped the little maple leaf? (don't really know my leaves so may have that wrong) in Versamark and heat embossed with gold EP to create a background.


For the pheasant I used markers direct to the stamp and stamped onto shrink plastic. I really should have gone a shade lighter with the colours because they intensify when shrunk. I used Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal and Close to Cocoa. Close to Cocoa, Tempting Turquoise and Creamy Caramel would probably have been a better combination. Another lesson learned!

Hope you're having more fun than I am. Off now to do some more revision ready for tomorrow's test.

Sara xx

No comments: