Sunday 11 October 2009

A blue giraffe for the Stamp With Us challenge and prize reminder



It's Sunday so it must be Stamp With Us challenge day. A rest then from the sneak peek recipes and on with the challenge. This week it's a colour challenge and here's our inspiration:


I tried to use as many of the colours as I could without the card getting too busy. I think I'm almost there. The two flowers don't look quite right to me. I would have preferred to use three but couldn't fit another one on.

Recipe:
Stamp sets: Animal Stories, Oval All
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery
Ink: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Taken with Teal
Punches: 5-petal flower, 1/2" Circle, Scallop Edge, Scallop Oval, Large Oval
Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: Chocolate Chip
Other: Brads

For the flowers, the leaves were laid flat and the two layers of petals were curled around the handle of my pricking tool (have you noticed that pricking mats and tool are now available separately in the new catty). The giraffe was coloured direct to stamp and then I coloured his spots in with Teal afterwards.

Hope that you're having a great weekend.

Don't forget that you can still win free entry to the Stamp With Us Winter online class by entering this week's challenge. Best of luck!

Sara xx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this Sara - the flowers are beautiful and I love how you have used Animal Stories

Bekka
x

BALLET NEWS said...

Very unusual Sara - and brilliantly done ! thank you

margaret said...

Beautiful card Sara. love the colours and the little giraffe. xx

simplyfairies said...

Loving this creation too Sara!

Yvonne said...

Such a cute card. The image ... oh he is so lovable isnt he , beautiful colour combo too x

having a {me} day said...

Love your card! I think the flowers look perfect. kxx