Sunday 13 March 2011

Technique class results for rolling with the punches and baby wipe technique


I'm sorry I've been such a bad blogger over the last few days. We've had serious health problems in the family (multiple) that have quite rightly got in the way of my crafting. Family comes first for me and I hope that you'll all understand.

Some of the health issues are resolved now though and I'm even hoping to have a play with my new stash of goodies from the Mini Catalogue today, ready to share them with you from 1 April. I should be able to get back to my usual blogging routine from now on.

For now, I thought I'd share a few pix from our crop and class yesterday. We welcomed Heather to our crop this month. Hi Heather *waves*.

Our class techniques this month were:

Rolling with the punches


Baby Wipe


I put it to the vote and this time we didn't make scrapbook pages as the current class members would rather make extra cards instead. We're going to switch and change the projects a bit so next month it will be a card and a 3d item. With our "inkpads" from the baby wipe technique we had plenty left to stamp out sheets full if images and create some great background pages.

A fun time was had by all (even through a bad headache - hope that's gone by now Barbara) and I think we even rather enjoyed the mess and getting a bit inky (hope it's starting to wash off by now though ladies, lol). Included in their class fee this month, everyone got 3 reinkers in in-colours to take home with them, so that they can repeat the technique at home.

And everyone got stunning results. I did remember to grab a few pix on my phone this time to show you what fabulous crafters I get to play ... I mean work with, lol.




Aren't they gorgeous?

We'd love to have you join us next month for the crop, the class or both. Our venue has double booked on our regular day (a mix up because the caretaker was away) and so we're for one month only we're holding the next crop and class on the first Saturday, 2 April, usual time 11am-4pm, usual place St Saviours.

And as a special for the Mini Catalogue launch, I'm paying for the venue costs so that you can come along to the crop for free (though I would very much welcome any donations for the Cavendish Cancer Care charity) and get to see and play with the new goodies. There'll be demonstrations, make and takes and a few prizes too, so please make a date in your diary to join us.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sara xx

2 comments:

lindyloo said...

Hi sara we had a super time thank you xx we really did enjoy learning the new technique and getting messy with the inks lol I have seen barbs today and she is a lot better after an early night in bed
hugs linda x

Dawn said...

Wow some stunners there. Wish I lived nearer and could come and play! boo hoo. Would love to have a go at the baby wipe technique