Friday 8 October 2010

Punched and folded baubles for an easy 3d effect


Yippee! My order was waiting for me when I got home last night and here's a pic of my new toys - ahem, new professional crafting tools I mean, heehee.


Now I missed out on a regional training event recently because I was away on holiday but I heard that they got to try the new ornament punch to make a 3d bauble on a card and I thought that I'd have a go. This card is really quite easy and ideal for a very elegant stamp-a-stack.


Recipe
Stamp sets: Delightful Decorations, Contempo Christmas (sentiment)
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist
Punches: Ornament Extra-Large, Scallop Trim Border
Narrow Taffeta Ribbon: Marina Mist
Other: Basic Pearls

The card blank is an A6 portrait in Marina Mist. A mat of Whisper White was punched top and bottom with the Scallop Trim Border. The card front of Whisper White was stamped direct with the sentiment in Marina Mist (I used the clear mount so easy to place it correctly). Three of the centre snowflake baubles from the Delightful Decorations (a wood mount) set were stamped in Marina Mist on Whisper White card and punched out with the Ornament. Each of the baubles were scored and folded vertically down the centre and then half of one adhered to the other half of the next etc to make a 3d bauble that folds flat for easy posting. The Joy bauble was also stamped in Marina Mist on Whisper White card and punched out and some of the new Basic Pearls added to it. These pearls (and the rhinestones) are self-adhesive and you get 150 individual ones and 3 additional strips in each pack. Narrow taffeta ribbon was wrapped from the top of the card front to where each bauble would be. The card front was adhered direct to a Marina Mist mat, then the Scallop Trimmed mat and then popped up on dimensionals on the card blank. The two baubles were popped in place with dimensionals and topped off with a ribbon of the narrow taffeta ribbon adhered with a glue dot.

Here's a close up of the 3d bauble.


My MIL's coming over tomorrow and I just know she'll love this punch.

Have a great weekend.

Sara xx

3 comments:

Sew This N That said...

Oh I do love the baubles, what a great effect! Love the look of that Marina Mist inkpad, must save up for that!

*hugs* Heather x

Jacqueline said...

WOW - seriously stunning work Sara.- Jacqueline xx

Laura said...

This is soooo cool!! I was really in despair for some good and easy Christmas cards to send out for my friends!

Thanks so much for sharing!