Thursday 14 October 2010

Loooong cats and dogs for a plain and simple card


Last night DH and I went to see Hamlet at the Crucible theatre in Sheffield. I wasn't altogether looking forward to it, more DH's choice than mine, I prefer Shakespeare's comedies to his tragedies and it's a looong play.

But I was glad I went. It was excellent (as long as you're ok with Shakespeare generally). There was a stellar cast; John Sims (Life on Mars), John Nettles (Midsomer Murders), Barbara Flynn (Cranford, Beiderbecke Affair), Hugo Ross (The Palace) and great supporting actors too. We had front row seats, which for the Crucible means really up close to the actors.

Anyway, onto another looong item. Our new Long Fellows stamp set, which is a Level 2 hostess set that you can get for free by holding a workshop. Here I've wrapped the animals around the card.


Recipe
Stamp set: Long Fellows
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake, Black Stazon, Watercolour Wonder Crayons
Punches: Scallop Oval, Word Window

I cut and folded the Crumb Cake (renamed from Kraft) to create an A6 gatefold card blank and then folded it back out flat to stamp on the cat and the dog in Black Stazon. I inked the stamps up carefully to leave off the sentiment underneath each (or you could use a mask - I got these in clear mount so it's easy to see through for masking). Using an aquapainter and my Watercolour Wonder Crayons I coloured the two of them in. I stamped the Thanks sentiment from the Perfect Punches in Crumb Cake (now also available in inks) onto Very Vanilla card and punched out with the Scallop Oval. As I didn't want this to be a thank you card I then stamped the sentiment underneath the dog (selectively inking direct to stamp again) in Basic Black onto Very Vanilla card and punched this out with the Word Window. The new sentiment was then adhered directly over the thank you and the topper popped up on a dimensional on the left front of the card. I finished the inside by selectively stamping the sentiment from the cat stamp, "hope your day is purrfect!".


Off now to get ready for tonight's crafting treat. My upline and my downline are coming round. Lots of crafting and a chance to swap DSPs so that we each have a piece of all the new ones for our sample books. I'm guessing that we'll also be making plans for the Stampin' Up! convention on 5 November (if you'd like to know more then just email me).

Sara xx

No comments: