Saturday 15 May 2010

Melon Mambo and black easel birthday card


Well I promised Melon Mambo and here it is. This is a card I made for Karin who runs the In Love With Stamping forum. It was her birthday on Wednesday so I think I'm safe to post this now.

I think all the Bold Brights work brilliantly teamed with Basic Black and although there won't be a Bold Brights category in the future I still think of this Melon Mambo as Bold and Bright and figured it would also work well with black. I opted for an easel card as that design always delivers a wow factor. Here it is closed:

Recipe
Stamp sets: True Friend, Sincere Salutations, Curvy Verses (inside)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Basic Black
Ink: Melon Mambo, Versamark
DSP: Night & Day
Punches: Two-step bird, Boho Blossoms
Polka Dot Ribbon: Melon Mambo
Other: Black Brad (Vintage), Black EP
Non-SU: Die cuts

I made my own Melon Mambo background paper by brayering a sheet of black and white Night & Day DSP with Melon Mambo ink. The flower was stamped with Versamark onto Melon Mambo card and heat embossed with black EP before cutting out and matting onto a black circle die cut. The sentiment on the front is similarly stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with black EP. The flower and leaves next to the sentiment were punched out, fastened with a brad and popped up on a dimensional. I used the polka dot ribbon to create a stopper bar for the easel card to prop up against.


And here's the side view showing the easel arrangement better:


I used another die cut on the inside stamped with a Curvy Verse:


If you'd like to order your own Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry or Melon Mambo card, ink or ribbons then please email me.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Sara xx

3 comments:

Dawn Loring said...

lovely colour combo

Jan Jones said...

Wow - I may have to 'borrow' this idea!! Love the colours Sara.
Jan

Amber said...

Gorgeous, I have yet to make an Easel card.