Sunday 9 May 2010

A flight of butterflies for the Stamp With Us colour challenge


Today's challenge at Stamp With Us is a colour one using this image as inspiration:
I had a lot of fun with this piece and decided that as the sand looked like Kraft I'd use that as my main colour in this card:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Flight of the Butterfly, Touch of Nature
Cardstock: Kraft, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Yoyo Yellow, Almost Amethyst, Real Red, Versamark
Other: White EP, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack

The flower was stamped off the corner (using my stamp-a-ma-jig for placement) with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP. I stamped my little butterflies to match the colour of the beach huts, cut them out and attached with glue dots. Then using the mat pack and paper piercing tool I pricked out a little trail for each butterfly from the flower.

I'm off now to have a look at what my fellow DT members have done with this.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I look forward to seeing your own creations.

Sara xx

2 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hi sara,
stunning card i am a kraft love so this really ticks all the boxes for me x
hugs
Suzie qx

Ash said...

Very adorable card..... Loved the flights of those butterflies... Lovely & enticing..... And that is an awesome inspiration & I am already inspired.... Would love to be a part of it....

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)