Friday 6 March 2009

A sandy coloured, summery birthday card

Now I know that I haven't posted as many card ideas this week as usual. Hubby and I had the week off work and we went up to Scotland for a few days to visit relatives. The modern miracles of laptop and hotel wifi made it possible to post one or two entries but I didn't take my craft warehouse (seems like, haha) with me and so it has been a bit more limited. We're back home again now so it should be back to normal service.

I made this card for my friend's little boy for his birthday. The card blank was Summer Sun. I stamped the little boy on the beach from the Summer by the Sea set using More Mustard ink (sandy coloured) on Very Vanilla card. Using More Mustard card I used the scallop edge punch along both long edges and then scored double lines top and bottom with my Paper Cutter and Paper Folder. This gave a frame for matting the image.

I stamped the Birthday Wishes sentiment from the Circle of Friendship set using More Mustard ink on Very Vanilla card again and punched out with the 1" circle punch. I punched a 1-1/4" circle from More Mustard card and a scallop circle from Summer Sun and layered these up. Finally I created a loop of Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, stuck this to the card and added the circles over the top using dimensionals.

Now I'm off to finish tidying the house before my in-laws arrive for dinner. Regulars to my blog will know that this means transforming my craft room back into a dining room - but don't worry, I'll have it back to crafting tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

3 comments:

margaret said...

Lovely card Sara, the colours a beautiful. I love those stamps.xx

Sew This N That said...

Great card Sara, that mustard looks great, Its not a colour that I have thought of using.
I have an award for you hun, take a look on my blog :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Amber said...

Love the simplicity of these cards, colours are great.