Wednesday 4 May 2011

Rocking and rolling again with my favourite set


I have a workshop in just a short while with a bunch of ladies who are new to Stampin' Up! Can't wait, as I just know they're going to love the quality and the colour matching and all the rest of it and they sound such a fun bunch before I even meet them. We're expecting a bit of a mix of crafting levels, from experienced to newbies, which always makes for a fun time sharing tips and helping each other out.

When I got together with my wonderful hostess to chat about what to include tonight, she fell in love with the Vintage Vogue set (ok so I may have influenced her a little - maybe the majority of my samples are made with this set, lol). She was also very taken with the rock and roll technique and so for our make and take tonight I designed the card below. I'm posting it now so that I can point everyone back to the blog after we're finished tonight, as a reminder of how we made it. And there'll be an option to leave off the text and stamp the flower in a single colour, as an easier version for those just starting out.


Recipe
Stamp set: Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry
Punches: Scallop Trim, 1" Circle, 1-1/4" Circle
Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon: Rich Razzleberry
Other: Basic Rhinestones

The card blank is an A6 landscape of Crumb Cake. The Very Vintage wheel was stamped along the top front of the card with Crumb Cake ink. Using Rich Razzleberry ink, the sentiment was stamped direct to the lower right front of the card. A strip of Very Vanilla card was stamped randomly with the leafy frond in Pear Pizzazz ink and adhered direct to a strip of Rich Razzleberry punched with the Scallop Trim. Using the rock 'n' roll technique the small flower was stamped with Crumb Cake and Rich Razzleberry inks onto Very Vanilla card and punched with the 1" Circle. This was popped up on a dimensional onto a 1-1/4" Circle of Crumb Cake. Rich Razzleberry ribbon was looped behind the circles before popping them up on another dimensional on the card front. A rhinestone was added to the centre of the flower to finish.

Now, time for tea and then off out to play! ...err, I mean work, ... play ... whichever - they're both the same ;-)

If you'd like to get paid for having fun, then just check out how to join my team or email me and we'll arrange a time for me to phone you and we can have a chat.

Sara xx

No comments: