Saturday 5 February 2011

A replay of the December technique challenge


Hope that you're having a good weekend. I had a miserable day yesterday and just couldn't bring myself to blog - sorry!

I found out that I failed my last exam :(

It rather got me down, especially as this was the only one that I'd come away from thinking "well that was almost OK". But I've picked myself up again. I went along to my downline Jan's crop for an hour or so this morning (mine's next Saturday if you can make it) and the crafting therapy helped. I'll retake the exam again in June and I'll study the syllabus and the past exam questions a bit more thoroughly this time (I'd revised the material well last time so I guess I must have presented it in the wrong way somehow).

Anyhoo, enough of my griping, here's the final challenge over at In Love With Stamping this month:

Your choice of any of the past challenges - so pick your favourite

I opted for the December technique challenge of no layers. Not so much my favourite challenge at the time but I was really inspired by my team-mates samples and so this is something of a CASE.


Recipe
Stamp set: Just Believe
Cardstock: Concord Crush
Ink: Versamark, Versamarker
Other: White EP, Silver EP, Basic Pearls

The card blank is an A6 portrait of Concord Crush. The front was dusted with an embossing buddy and then the main image stamped with Versamark. Using a makeshift "spoon" of scrap card I sprinkled Silver EP over the flower heads and then White EP over the rest of the image and heat embossed. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed with White EP. Using the Versamarker I ruled lines around the main image and heat embossed again with White EP. Small pearls were added to the centres of the flowers to finish.

Please stop by tomorrow when Joanne (my upline), Jan (downline) and I will be having a mini bloghop to showcase some card candy that we recently swapped.

Sara xx

2 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

So sorry to hear about your exam. I hate studying so admire you for doing so.

Love the clean and simple lines of this card.

Emma Harrison said...

This is lovely - makes me want that versamarker pen now! Sorry to hear about your exams but good luck for next time.