Monday 18 May 2009

A thank you card for friends at work


I need a few thank you cards this week. I'm in the process of moving jobs (for my day job that is, not my Stampin' Up! job) and various of my colleagues have bought me leaving gifts. They're such a great bunch, I'm glad I'm not moving far and can still keep in touch with them. It's a good excuse for making more cards anyway.

It seems ages since I last played along with Kristina Werner's Colour Inspiration Challenge. We don't have baja/aqua over here but it looks to me like a shade in the Ski Slope papers, so I used that. Her colours this week are these:


and I combined them with the sketch challenge over at Splitcoaststampers (sorry it's a bit diddy):

Here's the card I made:


Recipe
Stamp sets: Summer by the Sea, Fresh Cuts
Cardstock: So Saffron, More Mustard, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
DSP: Ski Slope
Ink: More Mustard
Other: Cuttlebug embossing folder

It's pretty straightforward - just stamping, embossing and matting.

While I'm on the subject of giving thanks, I'd also like to thank my friend Andrea for nominating me for an award. Andrea's over in Germany but you don't need to be able to understand German to appreciate her cards. She did a beautiful variation of the same colour challenge that I've used above. As I already have this award I'm not going to pass it on this time but many thanks Andrea.


Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

9 comments:

cria said...

It'S fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome texture!!! great card

Traveling Mama said...

This is very sweet!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Great job combining the challenges! Love all the dimension to your card!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Great layout with all the layers!

Kate Lewis said...

Really lovely Sara - I love the colours and the embossed background. I've just mounted my Summer by the Sea set - inspired totally by your use of it on here! Hugs Kate xx

Emma said...

This is so classy Sara - I would never have thought to use the mustard ink to stamp the image. Looks really effective x

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun embossing detail on the card. Fabulous job with the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sew This N That said...

Love the card Sara! Very dynamic and great colouring :0)
I love the stamp that you have used, great for males and females alike.
Thankyou for keeping intouch while I have been out of action, I truly appreciate it :0)
I will be in touch with some orders soon x
*hugs* Heather x