Monday 6 April 2009

Dinky Easter baskets for the team at work

Yesterday afternoon was a bit of a crafting production line to make 9 little Easter baskets ready for our team meeting today. It was worth it though - how cute are these? And they went down well, it was fun to see who ate their chocs first and who still had them at the end of the meeting to take home.


I made the baskets using this tutorial here over at Jennifer's Sweet Designs but as I was just putting a Cadbury's Creme Egg and some mini eggs in each, I altered the size down to a 4.5" square.  A corner rounder punch was used on all four corners before folding them up to form the basket. I made some of them using So Saffron card, with So Saffron Designer Series Paper to decorate the handles and for the others I used Almost Amethyst card and the new Tea Party DSP (so scrummy). Rather than gluing the basket together as described in the tutorial, I secured the basket sides and handle with a brad through all layers. The side decorations were made by stamping the bunny from Forest Friends or the Easter Wishes sentiment from Occasional Greetings in Always Artichoke ink onto Whisper White card. They were punched with the 1-1/4" circle punch and matted onto Certainly Celery card punched with the scallop circle punch. A sentiment and a bunny were added to either side of the basket with dimensionals. I put some strips of crimped Certainly Celery card "grass" in the bottom of each basket and added the eggs.

Hope you have a cracking good time crafting too. Thanks for stopping by.

Sara xx

3 comments:

Amber said...

Such cute baskets, I made these last year at one of my stamp clubs.

Kate Lewis said...

gorgeous Sara - they look so cute all lined up together!! Your friends must have adores receiving these! Hugs Kate xx

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Adorable little baskets to share! I forgot about that cute little project - thanks for reminding me!!