Monday 11 July 2011

Welcoming another team member with a card


My clever downline Jan recently added another member to our merry little Stampin' Up! team and so I made a card and gift to welcome her.

They're exactly the same as I made for Chrissi here but I altered the colour scheme for this one. Here's the card:


Recipe

Stamp set: Something to Celebrate

Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla

Ink: Very Vanilla, Stampin' Pastels

DSP: Springtime Vintage

Punches: Eyelet Border, Modern Label

Seam Binding Ribbon: Baja Breeze

Bigz L Die: Fun Flowers

Embosslits Die: Sweet Buttons

Other: Crystal Effects, Basic Pearls


The card blank is an A6 landscape of Baja Breeze. A mat of Very Vanilla was punched along the very bottom with the Eyelet Border and covered with strips of Springtime Vintage DSP. Sticky strip was laid all along the join at the middle and Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon gathered and pleated along it for an easy ruffled ribbon. These layers were adhered direct to the card front. Using the Fun Flowers Die I cut the large and small flowers from Very Vanilla card and the middle one from Springtime Vintage DSP. The edges of the card flowers were dusted with the Baja Breeze chalk. The sentiment was stamped in Baja Breeze ink onto Very Vanilla card, punched out with the Modern Label, dusted again with chalk and adhered directly behind the smallest flower. The petal layers were adhered direct to each other and then dimensionals were used to pop the flower on the front of the card. A faux button was made and added to the centre of the flower (join our August technique class to learn how to make these!). Finally a little pearl was added to the end of the label.


I'll share the gift with you tomorrow.


Want to join my team? I need to catch up with Jan now, she's beating me in growing her team :D


Not that I'm competitive at all!


Join direct with me and you'll get a whole range of goodies. Just email me for more information or give me a call on 0775 1133886.


Sara xx

No comments: