Friday 25 September 2009

A magic birthday card for a little boy and sneak peek 6


Today's card is a magical card created for my friend's little boy. The instructions are taken from Splitcoaststampers but I altered the sizing a little to use A4 size cardstock. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the new dimensions but I'm sure that I'll make this card again and when I do I promise to include them in the blog post. In the meantime you could always trim some 12"x12" to the US dimensions.

This card gave me an excellent excuse to use the For Father set before it retires, as the little dog is super cute to colour in. This set is still available to order (as at 12:48 on 25/9/09) and has a 50% discount. After 30 September 2009 it disappears from our catalogue.


Recipe
Stamp sets: For Father, Fun and Fast Notes, Occasional Greetings
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Versamark, Black Stazon, SU Watercolour Crayons
Other: Eyelet, Medium Window Sheet (sneak peek!)
Taffeta Ribbon: Chocolate Chip
Non-SU: Nestabilities


The stars on the front are stamped in Versamark. It's a really fun card and all the adults have asked how it works but of course a magician never reveals their secrets!

The sneak peek Medium Window Sheet is the acetate used in the slider. Pop back on Sunday to see how I've used this to make sneak peek 7, my anniversary card to DH.

Here is today's sneak peek 6 from the serene Garden Dream set. I had to photograph this quickly at lunchtime because a colleague spotted it and snapped it up from me to send to a friend.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Sara xx

7 comments:

Emma said...

Wow what show you have put on for us today Sara - the magic card is amazing :D and I love the beautiful humming bird too.

PinksyDoodles said...

wow, I love these magic cards, I bet the little boy in question is going to love it.
Your second card is fab too, I love the new stamps and the great colours you've used.
Have a lovely weekend.
Clare x

Yvonne said...

This is another stamp set i wanted to get .. but went with the Summer by the sea .. now i want this one too, lol

Beautiful love the "magic" .. such a beautiful creaton x

Wish you would stop showing all these beautiful stamps .. I need to win the Lotto, lol .. oh yes, i need to play it too i guess,lol

Jan Jones said...

This is really good! I think I have seen the template for it somewhere but the image they used wasnt that cute! So glad I got this set the last chance list (and at 1/2 price too (ha ha).
Jan
X

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Fantastic cards today Sara, love the magic card (how do you do that????) and the second is so beautiful and crisp - love it!

Jan x

margaret said...

Great cards Sara love the magic card especially. The humming bird one is also super love the colours in it.xx

Amber said...

Love the for father card, that is a really cool one. Must have taken awhile to make.